11 Reasons why painting is so important for senior citizens
Updated: Feb 23, 2020
1. Communication: It helps to overcome shyness other hurdles.
2. Therapy: Stimulus of the creative mind generates relaxation and happiness feelings.
3. Self-esteem: Working in a non-competitive helps to focus on personal achievements.
4. Mobility: In elderly people, painting helps them strengthen their fine motor skill.
5. Concentration: People who immerse themselves can achieved a meditation like state.
6. Mental Health: Painting helps us get distracted from our problems or helps expression.
7. Brain: Painting stimulate the left and right brain hemispheres, helping to fight Alzheimer.
8. Emotional Intelligence: Making emotions flow through painting helps create harmony.
9. Art Appreciation: The creating art experience helps to gain a better understanding of it.
10. Culture: Painting can enable someone to better understand human history through art.
11. Fun: Laugh, be social, learn, feel motivated, appreciate nature and feel passion.